Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend Adventures

I need a vacation from my three day weekend. We were so busy and had so much fun. First things first though, Ella started rice cereal and has already moved on to avocados. I'm attempting to make baby food like I did for Gannon so hopefully I can stick to the plan.

Saturday we spent time at our park on the playground, playing tennis and watching the Gateway Cup bike race around Francis Park. That evening we went to the largest St. Louis OU Club watch party in history. There were close to 100 people at Weber's which was amazing. We had the dining room packed and more people at the bar. The Sooners won but it was closer than we had hoped so it could be a long season.

Sunday we woke up and started our adventure in southern Illinois. Our first stop was at Mary's house for breakfast. Then off to Giant City State Park in Carbondale. The drive was a blast. We went through lots of great CDs but Gannon's favorite was a mix Megan made called Family Grooves. He and Ella danced in the backseat to Lime & the Coconut and Mountain Music. Matt was impressed I knew all the words. Once we got to Giant City Gannon and Matt climbed the water tower and Ella and I stayed on ground. Then we went on a hike in the woods and played on the playground. We were there for a little less than two hours but it was great. On our way home we stopped at Carlyle Lake and watched the boats in the water. We took Gannon to the spillway to watch the fishermen. I think we may have finally found a good place to fish. Both kiddos crashed in the car on the way home.

Monday morning we met Mike, Kim, Claire and Jackson at the Mill's Apple Farm near Highland. We had so much fun even though most of the apples were bad. Matt ate one and when he got to the core a worm crawled out!!! Gannon decided to put the car seat arm rest covers on his feet like boots and that is how he fell asleep.

It was such a fun family weekend and we decided every weekend should be three days!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun!!! You all were obviously on the move and it sounds like a lot of fun for Gan to see some cool stuff!! That is sooo gross that a worm crawled out of Matt's apple!?!!! That gives me the chills..ewww!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete